Daytonians spent the day with us listening to music, sampling delicious food and helping us to celebrate Dayton’s much loved (and sorely missed) summer festival.
Where Was It Located?
The Music Schedule:
4:15 Paige Beller
5:30 Celtic Academy of Irish Dance
8:00 Gem City
Paul Lawrence Dunbar poetry reading…
Celtic Academy of Irish Dance…
The Collaboratory During CityFolk:
A You Are Here Installation by Glenna Jennings
Music and Community Unite:
Why You Should’ve Gone AND Should Go Next Time:
1. The event will feature a wide range of music, ranging from reggae band Seefari and the Celtic Academy of Irish Dance to acoustic artist Paige Beller and a bluegrass quintet, the Corndrinkers. The show also features tribal rock duo Acarya, americana act the Blackbirds and retro-soul group Gem City.
2. Be sure to visit the massive “You Are Here” selfie station, provided by Dayton Collaboratory.
3. Outside of the huge and eclectic lineup of bands that highlight the show, there will be food vendors, beer and crafts for kids.
4. A tent featuring recited poetry of Paul Lawerence Dunbar, with Joyce Barnes from the Paul Laurence Dunbar Committee, will be on display during set changes.
5. Best of all, all of this live entertainment, food and activities are FREE of charge and will go on rain or shine!
Read the whole article here: http://www.dayton.com/news/events/reasons-go-cityfolk-celebration/nmk8k/
Who Captured It All:
The camera crew..
Most Photos by Jim Pisarowicz